ICAS Art Services
Q1. How do you decide the best solution for each of your client?
A fine frame should integrate and provide a link between the painting ( art ) and the surrounding. The frame is an essential part of the interior furnishing. With over 30 years and over thousands of satisfied clients, we let our experiences with natural instincts guide us through the process of finding the best solution to each of our client needs. Each day bring lot of interesting items to be framed.
- Q2. What would you term as being your amazing framing project that you completed?
- 1. There are so many over the years from one of our client who received a gold record for “Sweet like Chocolate” we including other memorabilia like his magazine articles in his presentation frame;
- 2. A art collector bringing his original Picasso drawings to be remounted and frame using conservation material framed in a thin brush silver gilt frame with UV protection glass. We believe that framing is about the balance for the right look to suit an image and also value added to enhance the over-all value;
- 3. To a distinguish member of our community had his portrait commissioned, size:90cm x 210cm, we provided our full service to match profile that suited his surroundings, selecting one of the Spanish series with hand finished profile, the characteristic to match a modern and contemporary theme using a grey canvas slip framed with silver brush gold profile, completed the frame project with our installation service of hanging the painting 6 meter (20Ft) above the ground level;
- 4. framing a limited edition print titled,”5- Aminouracil” size: 148cm x 148cm (58″ x 58″) by artist Damien Hirst, we completed the order using 4″ white linen slip with flat contemporary natural white Beechwood 4″ profile ( specially custom made from our local wood milling company to complete the order ) behind a deep box mounted frame. Arrange for delivery to the clients home;
- 5. In November 2007 – the year South Africa won the World`s Champions Trophy, had a surprise visit from a member of SIBISA – London urgently requiring our framing service for three items to be auction at a dinner fund raising event. The winning Springboks 2007 South African ruby team signed shirts and photo memorable where framed using the colours of the team, the gold & green slip profile that was custom stain into a box presentation frame and delivery to Madame Tussauds, London in time for the evening event, that raised over £4500.